Sunday, April 5, 2009

Countdown to Bluesfest


Well folks, with only 4 days to go until 50,000 people descend upon our little town for Bluesfest's 20th Anniversary, the vibe around town is excitement I tell you- EXCITEMENT!!

The line-up is stellar over each one of the five days. I've been checking out a lot of the band's myspace accounts and I've enjoyed them all. Some of my faves have been Tijuana Cartel, Missy Higgins and drive-By Truckers. And of course old favourites Xavier Rudd, Ben Harper, and John Butler Trio. I'm amped to see Zappa plays Zappa The Blind Boys of Alabama and to check out the local acts that will be performing throughout the weekend.

Diva and I have signed up to volunteer and have been allotted to the "media/production/catering" team. Now this either means we will be controlling VIP and backstage access as well as handling press and hanging out with artists OR handing out food to roadies and teamsters. We both choose to believe the former.

FYI- with TWO Jack spottings in the last week, I feel it's safe to assume he'll be jumping on stage at some point.

1 comment:

  1. brilliant idea lightbulb! Jack joins Ben on stage to relive their 2003 tour, not necessarily because they want to but because you had to work and missed it the first time round.

    ReplyDelete